Chicago Car Accident Attorney
Representing Clients Injured in Auto Accidents throughout Illinois
Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury claims. A Chicago car accident lawyer at Robert M. Cohen Associates focuses on helping clients injured in Illinois car accidents obtain maximum compensation.
If you were injured in a car accident, you need a lawyer who understands the physical, financial, and legal ramifications. Contact Robert M. Cohen at (847) 790-4246 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an accident and injury lawyer to learn more about a car accident claim.
Approximately 6 million car accidents occur annually. These accidents account for 94% of transportation-related fatalities. Traffic crashes can involve single and multiple passenger vehicle collisions, collisions with motorcyclists, and injuries to pedestrians. Many auto accidents involve the negligent behavior of at least one involved party. In some cases, multiple parties may share liability for the crash. Insurance payouts and damage claims are influenced by the percentage of liability and the circumstances of the collision.
Causes of Car Accident Claims
As a full-service accident and injury law firm, we focus on representing clients who are injured in a wide range of car accidents. Many car accidents are influenced by negligence. Frequent causes of car accidents in Illinois are:
- Distracted driving
- Alcohol or drug impairment
- Fatigued driving
- Inclement weather
- Auto defects
Since our firm focuses on representing clients injured in traffic crashes and other personal injury accidents, we have experience helping clients who have suffered a wide range of injuries get the medical and financial recovery they need. Car accident injuries are as varied as the causes of car accidents. Some of the most common types of injuries from traffic crashes include:
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Burn injuries
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Broken bones
At Robert M. Cohen Associates, we care about our clients’ physical recovery in addition to their financial and legal recovery. Our personal investment in our clients’ well-being is evidenced by the very first meeting. We take the time to listen to clients’ concerns and answer their questions, promptly returning phone calls and emails. We provide honest and practical legal advice so that victims can make informed decisions.
What To Do After An Accident
A personal injury lawyer can work directly with a client to ensure an accident claim is fast and fair. However, there are some steps a claimant can take immediately after the accident to help promote a smoother claims process.
- Remain at the scene. Fleeing the scene of an accident is illegal and results in a hit and run charge. It is important for accident victims to stay put when possible. If the vehicle is in a dangerous area and able to be moved, a victim can pull the vehicle to the side of the road.
- Contact authorities and seek medical attention. Victims should do a self-assessment to check the severity of their injuries. They should also check on passengers and occupants of other vehicles. Once necessary medical attention is sought, a victim can begin work with police officers to file a report.
- Exchange information. Victims should exchange information with other involved parties when possible. This can help when trying to work with insurance companies after an accident.
- Document the scene. Clear, well-lit pictures of the accident, as well as witness reports, are crucial contributions to an accident report and a successful claim. Documentation can serve as evidence that supports a victim’s claim.
- File an accident report. Working with police to file an accident report, and requesting the accident report number, will help support an accident claim.
- Contact your insurance company. A victim’s insurance company should always be notified of a crash. Following initial notification, it is best for victims to allow an attorney to handle communication with their insurance company, as well as the insurance company for the other party
- Maintain a record of all bills, reports, and other documents pertaining to the crash. Documentation is crucial in quantifying damages. Medical bills can help to quantify the cost of an injury. Accident reports can help quantify the damage done to personal property and show liability.
Car Accident Insurance Disputes
Dealing with insurance companies is an inevitable part of any auto accident claim. Unfortunately, insurance companies – even your own insurance company – do not always have the interests of policyholders in mind. Insurance companies are in the business of generating profits and, as a result, often seek to settle auto accident claims quickly and for as little money as possible. Insurance companies do not always pay car accident claims in a prompt manner.
At Robert M. Cohen and Associates, we focus on helping clients resolve insurance disputes and obtain full and fair compensation for their car accident injuries. Our vast knowledge about accident and injury laws allows us to skillfully communicate and negotiate with insurance companies. Our litigation experience prepares us to vigorously fight for maximum compensation in a court of law
Contact a Car Accident Attorney
We offer potential clients a free consultation to discuss a possible legal claim for car accident injuries. We represent clients in Chicago and throughout Illinois.
If you were injured in a car accident, contact our office at (847) 790-4246 to learn more about a possible car accident claim.